- Newsweek gets some dirt from Stewart O’Nan and Stephen King on Faithful.
- Seems that everybody’s a novelist. Zapatista Subcomandante Marcos is set to write a novel.
- Can people please stop interviewing Tom “::::::::STATIC:::::::” Wolfe? Now he’s dissing Carl Hiaasen for not having enough cash.
- While the New York Times whiffs the low air of sophisticated populism, the Sacramento Bee‘s been doing some nice work on the literary front, sans the pretension. They’ve served up an interview with Lily Tuck.
- Dan Brown has been named New Statesman‘s Man of the Year. No code to crack there.
- Robert Pinsky has edited a new poetry anthology. It includes a DVD that compiles 27 shorts of Americans reading and talking about their favorite poems.
© 2004, DrMabuse. All rights reserved.