The last time David Mitchell came out with a novel, we were mentioning something about almost every breath. Well, let it be known that we’re going to be doing the same damn thing with Black Swan Green. To get you folks started, here is some coverage of Black Swan Green.
- The Santa Cruz Sentinel: Chris Watson talks with him weeks before Santa Cruz.
- The Scotsman: Interview.
- Hilariously, Bloomberg calls BSG “far more accessible” than the “cryptic” (and thus bad?) books.
- Los Angeles Times: A brief look into the BSG book-on-tape.
- Gideon Lewis-Kraus’s Bookforum review.
- Fantastic Fiction review.
- Black Swan Green discussion between Megan and me: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. (WARNING: Some spoilers.)
- A contrarian opinion from Dixitique Andreus.
- More from the Laboratorium.
- Granta, “The January Man”: An early version of part of what became BSG.
- Interview with The Bookseller.
- Rick Kleffel on BSG.
- Review from Marcus Gipps.
- Review from Laura Miller.
- Odds on negative review as of April 3, 2006.
Also, keep your ears out for a future Bat Segundo Show (among many) with a brand new interview with David Mitchell himself. Yes, the man who inspired the podcast will be returning. And this time, we’ll be chatting with him in person. (Plus, we’ll be less nervous this time.) More news to follow.