- Amy Finnerty: “Martin Amis excels at descriptions of creepy men–sweaty misogynists, soused lowlifes, and thugs.” Ms. Finnerty says this like it’s a bad thing!
- A reminder: fireworks on Sunday, if you’re in Los Angeles.
- Colleen illustrates the history of the science fiction label, as kick-started by this Jason Silverman piece.
- William Gibson on Borges (Thanks, Keith!)
- Churches are now slamming the doors on sex offenders. (via The Other)
- Over at the LBC, I’ve put up a guide to cultural references in Sacco & Vanzetti Are Dead. A podcast with Mr. Binelli, in which the Mr. Binelli and I talked as the sun set behind the edifice of the Phoenix Hotel, will follow tomorrow. Somehow, while we were talking about knife-throwing and films, the 1986 Anthony Michael Hall film Out of Bounds even came up in our conversation. But do sift around the LBC site and you’ll find a lot more.
- At the Huffington Post, Art Winslow sums up various newspaper closings. Norman Spinrad even shows up in the comments. (via Book/daddy)
© 2007, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.