- Good Reports has unveiled its second end-of-the-year panel, with Robert “Not a Jejune Fan” Birnbaum, Jessa Crispin, Alex “Johnny B.” Good, Maud “Will Most Certainly Finish Her Novel” Newton and Michael “Coolest Initials in the World” Orthofer.
- Scott Esposito has stumbled upon what may be the TBR photo to end all photos. The metadata reminds me of the moment in Fight Club where Edward Norton’s apartment turns into IKEA catalog items.
- Was Lincoln bisexual? Leave it to Gore Vidal to explore the theory. (via Moby)
- Sara Nelson files her last column at The Post, pointing out the lavish promotion funding thrown at Linda Fairstein. Too bad Fairstein’s net sales don’t seem to match the $1 million per book price tag. But apparently, an appearance on The Today Show has worked this time around. Her latest is one of the top 100 books on Amazon.
- Stephen King’s pimping Ron McLarty, who’s getting published after 32 years of effort.
© 2005 – 2006, DrMabuse. All rights reserved.