Due to many pleasant events over the next few weeks, posting will be less regular, less frequent, with a possibility of intermittent showers and random madness here as the monsters use my brain. There is considerable output right now on the novel. (Somehow, a great anger in relation to current events has created an unanticipated rush.) But the energies I’m now committing to fiction have forced me to slow down a bit on other fronts.
I’m not attending BEA this year because I’m moving that weekend (within New York: same mailing address applicable). Bat Segundo interviews will continue, but at a somewhat reduced rate of production. (May is booked. June and July pitches are welcome.)
There are a number of pieces I’ve written that are floating around out there and I will link to them when they are made available. In the meantime, you can check out a podcast interview with David Hajdu, a podcast interview with Sarah Hall (the 70 minute conversation covers all three books and a lengthy article on Hall’s three books is forthcoming), a review of Stephen Greenhouse’s The Big Squeeze, a review of Martin Millar’s Lonely Werewolf Girl, and some hasty thoughts on Act II in Hamlet.
More very soon, I hope!
In the interim, here’s a running list of links of interest:
- MP3: John P. Marquand’s Wickford Point adapted by Orson Welles’ Mercury Theater.
- Comic book scripts from Vaughan, Millar, Moore, and more. (via MeFi)
- Due to circumstances beyond my control (and I still haven’t been sent the book), I was unable to speak with the great Aleksandar Hemon when he came through New York. But Chicagoist caught up with him recently. (via Mark Athitakis)
- Steven Gillis guests at The Syntax of Things.
- Tom Bissell’s interview with the Avenger. (via Eric)
- Three Guys, One Book.
- Callie on ridiculous paperback reissue covers.
- The OED is going all digital. Nothing Luddite about it. This is utterly depressing news for those of us who like to hole up on the couch with a thick dictionary on one side and a thick tome on the other. What next? An imposed limit on reference book page counts? (via CAAF)
- GoodReads! Golly! The overwhelming message: We Take No Chances.
- Fashion predictions from 1930s designers. (via Linda Richards)
- I had a post tying together China, Myanmar, and Jenna Bush, but I have decided to abandon it for now. It may resurface.
- Ezra Klein on the Kindle.
- David Ulin: not a fan of the new Frey book.
- It’s good to know that the President is making a true sacrifice.
- RIP Oakley Hall.
- Things younger than McCain.
© 2008, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.