Skip to content
- Storm surge from broken levee? At present, inconclusive. NPR reports that the streets are not yet flooded.
- Local coverage: 125 mph winds, some first-person accounts suggest that the streets of New Orleans are not flooded, but these assessments come from hazy views from high-rise hotels.
- Metafilter down.
- FEMA enters disaster mode.
- There are at least two major holes in Superdome’s roof.
- CNN reports one of local districts is six feet underwater.
- National Weather Service reports “total structural failure.”
- Oil now over $70/barrel.
- I will report here later in a couple of hours, when I have more reliable information to go by.