- Current efforts to stop flood: Helicopters dropping 3,000-pound sandbags onto one of levees. Dead bodies being tossed to the side.
- It’s official from Blanco: there is now no drinkable water in New Orleans. The storm broke a major water main.
- Question: What are the plans now to evacuate the 20,000 people at the Superdome?
- Storm Digest has a graphic depicting levee breach areas.
- Leave it to Der Spiegel to suggest that Katrina is the result of U.S. environmental policy.
- Hugo Chavez pledges food and aid despite recent remarks.
- Rising oil prices cause airlines to cancel flights.
© 2005, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.