- Goddam. I thought we were going to win this. The latest from WWL: “Efforts to stop the levee break at the 17th Street Canal have ended unsuccessfully and the water is expected to soon overwhelm the pumps in that area, allowing water to pour into the east bank of Metairie and Orleans to an expected height of 12-15 feet.”
- Times-Picayune: “Homes in West End, Bucktown and at the Orleans-Jefferson Parish line are nearly underwater, with residents being plucked from the water and rooftops by passing boats, WWL-TV video shows.”
- Biloxi appears devastated from air.
- Hurricanes from space.
- Long-form feature from the L.A. Times.
- All people are urged to evacuate. Efforts to beat the levee are over.
- Main public hospital no longer functioning.
- What’s the word on the Superdome evacuation?
© 2005, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.