- As widely reported, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has won the Orange Prize.
- I have to echo Colleen in relation to this preposterous Observer article. If you want to bitch about how hard, stressful, and time-consuming writing is, then go work in an office or a warehouse and leave the real work to the professionals.
- Troubling news at Frances’ about Mercury News and Chron layoffs. A blog has been set up for Chron colleagues.
- The meaning behind jersey numbers. (via Kevin Smokler)
- Ron Hogan has an MP3 of the L.A. Times Festival of Books Keen-bloggers debate.
- Tod Goldberg uncovers a startling reference in Antoine Wilson’s The Interloper.
- Howard Junker gets gross.
© 2007, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.