- MIT asks why technology is so absent from the lists of great books.
- Vollmann has a great method of ensuring that his publishers keep publishing 800-page books. (via Scott)
- An early plot summary of Winterbottom’s Tristram Shandy film adaptation.
- Jenny D hearts Heather Lewis and calls Lewis the most “cigarette-smoking-inducing writer” she’s read.
- It looks like San Ramon, CA is getting a poet laureate.
- Can you really be taught to turn out a novel in a year?
- Does Woody Allen’s Match Point have the worst sex scenes this year?
- There isn’t much money in interviewing writers on the radio. What’s even more revealing in the article is that Christian radio actually discourages smart literary programs like Conversations on the Coast.
- The Boats of Bond.
© 2006, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.