- Ron Howard will be
destroyingdirecting Claire Messud’s The Emperor’s Children for the big screen.
- Douglas Coupland’s JPod is being turned into a 13-part television series. (via Bookninja)
- Okay, this is sort of a Harry Potter link, but not really. Frank Wilson’s words about hubristic security measures are well worth reading.
- Maud on out-of-town bookstores.
- Matthew Tiffany has the scoop on Tom McCarthy’s next novel — excerpt here. And then of course there’s this.
- Dan Wickett offers a third panel of literary translators.
- David Ulin outs himself as a Leonard Maltin Movie Guide junkie. I have to confess. I pick one of these puppies up every year too and have spent too many hours, often with beer and friends, pondering its odd subjective slant (four stars for The Cider House Rules?). It’s always good to have a backup for when the IMDB goes down.
- I don’t entirely agree with Charles Taylor’s argument, but he does have many good points about mass readership.
- Someone has purchased Mediabistro: “A woman with a boa and a dream and a bad laugh has emerged from the hubbub of the internet triumphant.”
- William Gibson “briefly noted” in The New Yorker? The times they are a-changing?
© 2007, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.