- Karen Joy Fowler on Octavia Butler. (via Gwenda)
- M.S. Smith on William Gass’s A Temple of Texts. (via Oakland’s Sexiest Man Alive)
- RIP John R. Gardiner.
- The New Yorker rejecting an advertisement for a book called White Trash Cooking? Who would have thought? After all, they have no problems capitulating their pages to a superstore for the masses.
- Rosemary Neill investigates the current state of Australian fiction.
- I’ve defended chick lit in the past, but this is a bit silly.
- V for Vendetta: 71% Rotten Tomatoes.
- Well, here’s a new angle for a podcasting article: The medium gives voice to the Faceless Other. But what you might now know is that podcasting is also the pipeline for the Two-Faced Stranger, the Long-Haired Entity, the Undetectable Shadow and the Twelve-Step Program.
- Peyton Place turns 50.
- David Kipen gets the Baltimore Sun treatment.
- They remade Just One of the Guys? Jesus, I need to pay attention.
- The Dan Brown plagiarism suit: All signs point to the missus.
my sister got my grannie the White Trash Cookbook for christmas and she loves it. she’s not white trash, though. she’s hungarian.
I’m seeing V for Vendetta tomorrow, I hope it lives up to it’s tomatoes.
Saw The Three Burials of Melquaides Estrada today, that was great. I give it a solid 7 tomatoes.