- Lydia Millet questions Alice Munro’s status among contemporary readers. More from Dan Green.
- Tod Goldberg on Banned Books Week. What I’d like to know is why nobody has started a Banned Blogs Week. Given my regular assaults on fundy fruitloops, it remains my fervent hope that those who are offended will print off copies of my posts (and those of others) and throw them into a large conflagration, perhaps belting out an uplifting ballad in praise of National Socialism.
- Rebecca Skloot is curious if any writers or critics have been mis-blurbed. Do let her know if a publisher has ever transformed your words from “a sexy novel” to “a novel more stunning than sex itself!”
- Happy birthday, Mr. Sarvas. If I had more time, I’d fly down to Los Angeles and deliver my Marilyn Monroe routine in person. Oh well. I suppose there’s next year.
- Congratulations, Sarah! And take care of yourself!
- John Scalzi on blogger book deals.
- Jess Walter on John Updike and golf.
- Poor JeffVanderMeer is addicted to BSG.
- Ah, to hell with this roundup. Go over to Matt’s and check out his grand collection of links.
© 2006, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.