- Salon revisits John Cheever’s first novel, The Wapshot Chronicle. (Also at Salon: the first of a four-part expose on the Church of Scientology.)
- Norman Mailer calls Michiko a “one-woman kamikaze.” Presumably, because he hopes to demonstrate that he was spouting forth incoherent comments just before kicking the bucket.
- Books are apparently making a comeback in Iraq.
- The Chronicle‘s Edward Guthmann talks with David McCullough.
- Ismail Kadare will be picking up his World Booker today.
- A 2,600 year old lesbian love poem written by Sappho has been found and published. It was written on papyrus and used as wrapping around an Egyptian mummy.
© 2005 – 2006, DrMabuse. All rights reserved.