- Robert “Two Sheds” Birnbaum is at it again. This time, he talks with Camille Paglia. The real question here is whether Camille was ever confused for a pirate incarnation of Princess Leia.
- The Tireless Dan Wickett is now talking with publicists as part of his latest panel series. We suspect that Mr. Wickett will be interviewing some of the people in the warehouse before the year is up.
- We could honestly care less about the Quills Awards, largely because Nick Hornby and Sue Monk Kidd should not be encouraged any further. But if you care, the nonsense can be found here.
- A new symposium will compare Bruce Springsteen’s lyrics with Walt Whitman and Samuel Beckett.
- Apparently, The Almond: The Sexual Awakening of a Muslim Woman is, according to the Daily Star, “no more original than that of the film 9 1/2 Weeks, without the soundtrack to keep it going.”
- Yo, Book Babes, it’s Epileptic, not Epilepsy.
- A sketch of Ted Hughes drawn by Sylvia Plath is up for auction this fall.
© 2005, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.