In lieu of content here today, we direct you to the following places:
- At the LBC site, this week’s it’s Edward Falco week. There’s a podcast interview, as well as the beginnings of a weeklong transcript of beer-fueled discussion with Scott, who quite rightly comes across as more coherent than me.
- And speaking of the LBC, David Milofsky has written an article for the Denver Post. Both Mark and the tireless Dan Wickett get some nice airtime.
- I finished Perlman’s Seven Types of Ambiguity, along with several other books last week. Hope to get to the next 75 Books post soon.
- Even though she lived a long and productive life, I’m still a bit stunned by Betty Friedan’s death, particularly with how metaphorical it is in light of current events, and hopefully I’ll have something coherent to say on the subject later. But in the meantime, check out Bad Feminist. I’m sure more will weigh in throughout the course of the day.
- Tom Baker as disembodied cell phone conduit? WTF? (via Phil)
- You want quirky pairups? The NYTBR may be inept on this score, but the Washington Post has paired George R.R. Martin with Stephen King’s Cell. (via Sarah)
- Brian Sawyer on bookbinding.
- “You don’t even know how to spell Delany, bitch.” The “Rick James, bitch” for speculative fiction fans? You make the call.
- Tayari Jones has posted 175 words of her new book.
- Support Pete.
- David Foster Wallace — is he a cunt?
- The Super Bowl and its commercials? Let me put it to you this way. The cheeseball Patrick Swayze TV movie I had on mute last night while finishing up the podcasts was more enthralling.
- More later.
© 2006, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.