- Large Hearted Boy offers a Book Notes installment with Ander Monson.
- We’ve been declared poison by the Morning News, but we point out the Tournament of Books all the same. No clue on when it starts, but the books and readers lineup look spiffy.
- The SFist talks with Of Montreal’s Kevin Barnes.
- Are there too many books by journalists?
- Think Progress has been thoroughly debunking last night’s SotU speech. Not that it will do a lot of good.
- Jack Bauer is a Democrat? Given the way he kills and manipulates, I’d say he’s a Lieberman Democrat.
- Tarkovsky on Tolstoy.
- What’s worse? Cell phone rambling or Garrison Keillor rambling? A strong case can be made for the latter.
- No more telegrams from Western Union.
- You learn something new every day: William Vollmann’s middle name is Trevor.
© 2006, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.