Life is busy. Posts are sparse. However, in the meantime, there are two things to look out for.
1. In three days (May 15, 2005), the LBC will reveal its first Read This! book choice. I’m not permitted to reveal the title, but since I was allowed to play fast and loose with the nominations, it seems only fair that I be allowed to offer clues for all eager guessers (after all, we’re only three days away):
- If you unscramble the word “hack,” you will have the author’s initials and the initial(s?) of the book’s title.
- I happened to love this book quite a lot, even if I didn’t nominate it. (But it was a close race. The book I happened to nominate was second place.)
- I liked the book so much that I expect to read other books that this author has penned.
- There is one murder (or possibly more) in the book.
- There is awkward sex in the book.
- One of the characters shares a first name with a notable painter.
- One of the characters shares a first name with a notable painter’s brother.
- One of the characters shares a first name with a notable pilot.
- An animal factors into the plot.
That is all until Sunday, folks. And if you manage to guess the book correctly before Sunday, I will personally send you a copy.
2. In addition to the LBC, there is a second exciting multi-blog venture that will be announced very soon on these pages. Perhaps we’ll be ready in time for Sunday’s LBC announcement. Perhaps not. I’ll only say that the people involved are dedicated, nice, and friendly, and that we will be performing a major service. Keep watching the skies. More to come.