- A writer mistakes a JCO blurb for junk mail. (via Galleycat)
- Tonight in San Francisco, there’s a memorial tribute to Jack Kerouac. The Chronicle has more.
- Walter Mosley fesses the Fantastic Four as a major inspiration. Unfortunately, Mosely couldn’t be convinced to say, “It’s clobbering time!”
- Best Booker-related lede: “Alan Hollingshurst is a cheap date.”
- A one-volume edition of Lord of the Rings is being released — the version that Tolkien always wanted. His estate wants it too. After all, there’s a new swimming pool to put in.
- John le Carre has come out hopping mad against Bush.
- Neal Stephenson answers questions at Slashdot.
© 2004, DrMabuse. All rights reserved.