- The History of Punctuation (via Jeff)
- The American Bar Association has published its first work of fiction and folks in Miami are trying to find out the real-life models for the characters.
- Lindsay Sinclair is trying to keep E.B. White’s memory preserved.
- The Guardian asks why women go crazy over Mr. Darcy
- An Italian newspaper is doing brisk business by offering a reduced-price book with the daily edition.
- This zeppelin could be yours for only $10 million
- Angela Davis turned 60 and she’s still fighting the man
- If only 2% of women genuinely describe themselves as beautiful, we’ve got a serious problem.
- Older folks are turning to online personals
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s adapting Wilkie Collins’ The Woman in White. For the love of decency, stop the man before it’s too late.
- A new film adaptation of Robert Penn Warren’s All the King’s Men is in the works. The amazing cast includes Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Mark Ruffalo, Sean Penn (as Willie Stark!) and Jude Law. The script’s by Steven Zallian. This oughta be good, even if Rossen’s a tough guy to follow.
- For anyone who’s read Carol Shields’ Larry’s Party, a labyrinth has opened up in Winnipeg to celebrate her life and work.
- A paper in Science has used the Bible to back up a hypothesis.
- Verdi is getting an upgrade in Korea
Re: Lloyd Webber–it’s too late. Like 30-years-cow-out-of-the-barn-and-living-under-an-assumed-name too late.
They cut off Angela’s hair in the picture! Now I may die not knowing whether she still has the ‘fro or not…sigh.
We are inexplicable
Two from Ed Champion: Why do women, “particularly educated literary feminist women,” find the “selfish and overbearing” (his words) Mr….
Comments are closed.