Because I’m trying to save up for a pony right now, I was unable to attend AWP this year. (I will, however, be at BEA, providing you with the same high-octane coverage that you’ve seen on these pages the previous years.)
But here’s a roundup of those who are there:
- Gavin Grant is apparently good for bargain mai tais.
- Jeff VanderMeer is stocking up on journals big time.
- Gwenda reports bad fashion in droves.
- Peter Pereria: “AWP has been fun, but way too crowded. It is just a mass of humanity. There are so many panels, it’s hard to decide what to go to, a feast in that sense, but overwhelming.”
- Tayari Jones has resorted to flashing.
- Colin Kelley: “No disrespect, but I would file day one of the AWP Conference under the heading cluster fuck.”
- Katie Bowler: “87.8 percent of the attendees wear eyeglasses.”
- Poetry extravaganza!