- Vonnegut Web
- How Kurt Vonnegut Changed Our Lives.
- Maud Newton’s thoughts and previous entries.
- alt.books.kurt-vonnegut FAQ.
- Kurt Vonnegut timeline.
- Don Swaim’s 1981 interview with Vonnegut.
- The first of many parts of a Vonnegut documentary posted on YouTube.
- Jon Stewart interview.
- NPR interview: Kurt Vonnegut Judges Modern Society.
- The Kurt Vonnegut Audio Library.
- 2003 interview with Douglas Brinkley.
- 1999 interview with Salon’s Frank Houston.
- Vonnegut plays chess with Andrew Leonard.
- 2005 appearance on Nova.
- Paris Review (1977, excerpt featuring manuscript page).
- McSweeney’s interview.
- “Harrison Bergeron.”
- Excerpt from Slaughterhouse-Five.
- Excerpt from Mother Night.
- Excerpt from A Man Without a Country.
- A good chunk of Man.
- God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian.
- “To Be a Native Mid-Westerner.”
- Vonnegut’s contributions to the New York Review of Books.
- In These Times: “But I know now that there is not a chance in hell of America’s becoming humane and reasonable. Because power corrupts us, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Human beings are chimpanzees who get crazy drunk on power. By saying that our leaders are power-drunk chimpanzees, am I in danger of wrecking the morale of our soldiers fighting and dying in the Middle East? Their morale, like so many bodies, is already shot to pieces. They are being treated, as I never was, like toys a rich kid got for Christmas.”
- Eight rules for writing fiction.
- Vonnegut on telling a story.
- More reviews penned by Vonnegut.
- “Smile, America. You’re on Candid Camera.”
- Vonnegut on science fiction (Playboy, 1973)
- Vonnegut’s 1998 blueprint for the American Dream.
- Contrary to popular belief, Vonnegut did not offer a commencement speech involving sunscreen.
- Justin Hall.
- Terry Southern’s 1963 review of Cat’s Cradle.
- Bad enough that Christopher Lehman-Haupt was so wrong about David Markson, but he was equally confused about Vonnegut. And not just once.
- John Leonard on Vonnegut (1979).
- Lorrie Moore on Vonnegut (1985).
- Jay McInerney (!) on Vonnegut (1990).
- Kurt Vonnegut and the No Asshole Rule.
- The Critical Response to Kurt Vonnegut.
Thanks for the links, Ed. I’ll be weeping on and off throughout the day.
Thanks for the links, Ed. This is my reading for the day.
Nice roundup of links, thanks. You can think he’s a great writer and nice guy even if you think his politics were “sour owl poop.”
You may also enjoy this tribute video:
Mr. Vonnegut will be missed but his words will live on at least a little bit longer.
My tribute to Mr. Vonnegut – http://www.wordsareimportant.com/kurtvonnegut.htm
The Wampeter of our Karass is in heaven.
Gear up for grub with a tripleheader of pigskin, including a meeting of brothers in Dallas. Everybody knows it’s been a rough year for her, but find out who else had issues