- Will Self walks from LAX to Watts Towers: “It’s not the money, it’s the principle.”
- Mark Sarvas offers a thoughtful post on where we’re now at in this whole print and online business and he has now added a sidebar containing his reviews, presumably named in relationship to one of John Leonard’s early volumes of criticism. (As for my own reviews, I plan to fix the sidebar for pieces that have now disappeared online soon.)
- A video highlighting organized labor and screenwriters. (via The Publishing Spot)
- The Rake on writer taxonomies and Mr. Tata’s recent thoughts.
- Vidiot offers a jumping point for anyone interested in the legalities behind showing your ID to police. Much more here.
- The Furious Passions of Norman Mailer.
- Jeff Parker reads Ovenman (via Erin)
- New York is Book Country, which hasn’t done anything in the past three years, is now slated to run the same day as the Brooklyn Book Fest. The NYIBC people haven’t even had the decency to respond to Brooklyn borough president Marty Markowitz’s letter. Well, if one has to choose between Tore Erickson’s ego and Johnny Temple’s efforts to get books out to the people, I’d say that this is a pretty slam-dunk decision.
© 2007, Edward Champion. All rights reserved.