- Dean Koontz’s dog has written a book: a chapbook-sized ode to lapping toilet water.
- An inmate has sued Stephen King for The Green Mile, claiming that there are, in fact, no magical black men inside prison.
- It’s been reported elsewhere, but Cynthia Ozick’s book tour diary dishes fun dirt.
- Amber Frey is set to release a memoir this week. Sample chapter titles include “Oh My God! Laci’s baby is due on my birthday!” and “You know, Scott, this murder might affect our relationship.”
- The Rutles 2 is coming to DVD. Believe it or not, Salman Rushdie is in it.
- A number of prominent Canadians highlight their top reads for 2004 (including Neil Peart, who champions John Barth’s The Book of Ten Nights and a Night!).
- The Age does an admirable job trying to account for The Da Vinci Code‘s success.
© 2005 – 2006, DrMabuse. All rights reserved.